According to a national survey from Black & Veatch, Los Angeles residents pay an average monthly charge of $1.92 for stormwater treatment programs. Our neighbors way to the north in Oregon and Washington pay way more – in Portland the average monthly charge is $16.82. Here is the survey summary in PDF format.
Other interesting stats:
- 8% of stormwater depts. are combined with the wastewater utility
- Public education (97%) is the top program for protecting or improving stormwater, followed by erosion control (91%)and street sweeping (also 91%)
- 58% have installed stomrwater treatment systems (such as vortex swirl concentrators)
- 51% are undecided on whether these technologies will meet expectations
- 81% believe sediments are the greatest concern